- Alle verzamelingen (8,081), Jouw bibliotheek (7,481), Ebooks (3,644), Scanned (2,471), Alt-Scans (335), Audiobooks (1,325), Videos (25), ToScan (5), To Sell (14), Gelezen, maar niet in bezit (422), Aan het lezen (337), Te lezen (4,531), KU Office (204), BOX K01 (21), BOX K06 (14), BOX K13 HC SCIFI (21), BOX K14 NOSCAN (46), Lock Haven (1), MIA (5), BOX11 (1), McGraw-Hill Sucks (26), NOSCAN (166), Loaned (1), Favorieten (81), Verlanglijst (34)
- Trefwoordenwolk, Auteurswolk, Trefwoordenspiegel
- BookCrossers, Books that made me think, Connecticut Nutmeggers, Ebook, Economics, Erotica, Evolve!, genderqueer, Hogwarts Express, I heart metadata, I Survived the Great Vowel Shift, Mathematics, Mises Circle, Neuroscience, Poetry Fool, Purely Programmers, Science Fiction Fans, Secret Masters, Sufism, technoculture, Used Books, Zen
- Lid sinds
- Oct 6, 2005
- Echte naam
- Rob Szarka
- Over mijn bibliotheek
- I've managed to catalog almost all my physical books, & most of the ebooks, too. I'm currently trying to scan all my print books to PDF, but I've reached the point where it's difficult to let go of more.
Special tags I'm using:
"____ library" (borrowed from ____ library),
"nae" ("not actual edition"),
"blewmymind" (books that gave my head a good shake at some point in my life), and
"BOX1", "BOX2", etc. (no room for these on the shelves).
Yes, I have that many books in progress at one time (sometimes for years); I like to nibble on a large buffet of books, and sometimes I just get stalled at some point. Fiction and poetry I tend to zoom right through, though. Most of my "Read but unowned" books are fairly recent; cataloging all the books I've ever read is a Sisyphean task even I'm not crazy enough to undertake!
Want to make a book cover mosaic like the one in my profile? Look here: http://www.librarything.com/blog/2007/01/you-are-what-you-read.php
- Over mij
- Geek, DJ, Once & Future Economist
I joined LibraryThing for the chicks.
- Lawrence, KS, US
- Ook op
- Momenteel aan het lezen
- Spam Kings: The Real Story behind the High-Rolling Hucksters Pushing Porn, Pills, and %*@)# Enlargements door Brian S. McWilliamsBubblegum Music Is the Naked Truth: The Dark History of Prepubescent Pop, from the Banana Splits to Britney Spears door Kim CooperThinking in Jazz : The Infinite Art of Improvisation (Chicago Studies in Ethnomusicology Series) door Paul F. BerlinerThe Swing Era: The Development of Jazz, 1930-1945 (The History of Jazz, Vol. 2) door Gunther SchullerThe Evolution of Useful Things: How Everyday Artifacts—From Forks and Pins to Paper Clips and Zippers—Came to Be as They Are door Henry PetroskiEarly Downhome Blues: A Musical and Cultural Analysis (Cultural Studies of the United States) door Jeff Todd TitonStorming the Reality Studio : a casebook of cyberpunk and postmodern science fiction door Larry McCafferyMicroeconomics: Behavior, Institutions, and Evolution (The Roundtable Series in Behavioral Economics) door Samuel BowlesAwareness Through Movement: Easy-to-Do Health Exercises to Improve Your Posture, Vision, Imagination, and Personal Aware door Moshe FeldenkraisWhere Mathematics Comes From: How the Embodied Mind Brings Mathematics into Being door George LakoffNone of the Above, Revised: The Truth Behind the SATs (Culture and Education Series) door David OwenThe Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs in the West and Fails Everywhere Else door Hernando de SotoGame Theory Evolving: A Problem-Centered Introduction to Modeling Strategic Interaction (Second Edition) door Herbert GintisThe Bounds of Reason: Game Theory and the Unification of the Behavioral Sciences door Herbert GintisA Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World (Princeton Economic History of the Western World) door Gregory ClarkI Love It When You Talk Retro: Hoochie Coochie, Double Whammy, Drop a Dime, and the Forgotten Origins of American Speech door Ralph KeyesSocial Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy: Lord and Peasant in the Making of the Modern World door Barrington MooreHayek's serfdom revisited : essays by economists, philosophers and political scientists on The road to serfdom after 40 years door Norman P. BarryThe European Miracle: Environments, Economies and Geopolitics in the History of Europe and Asia door Eric JonesBailout: An Inside Account of How Washington Abandoned Main Street While Rescuing Wall Street door Neil BarofskyAffluence and Influence: Economic Inequality and Political Power in America (Russell Sage Foundation Copub) door Martin GilensEconomic Freedom and Interventionism (Lib Works Ludwig Von Mises) (Lib Works Ludwig Von Mises PB) door Ludwig von MisesAfter War: The Political Economy of Exporting Democracy (Stanford Economics and Finance) door Christopher J. CoyneThe Dynamics of Intervention: Regulation and Redistribution in the Mixed Economy, Volume 8 (Advances in Austrian Economics) door Peter Kurrild-KlitgaardDoing Our Own Thing: The Degradation of Language and Music and Why We Should, Like, Care door John McWhorterOld English and Its Closest Relatives: A Survey of the Earliest Germanic Languages door Orrin RobinsonThe Fortunes of Liberalism: Essays on Austrian Economics and the Ideal of Freedom (Collected Works of F. A. Hayek) door F. A. HayekMan and Society: In an Age of Reconstruction: Studies in Modern Social Structure (Harvest Book) door Karl MannheimSalvos Against the New Deal: Selections from the "Saturday Evening Post" 1933-1940 door Garet GarrettDamned Lies and Statistics: Untangling Numbers from the Media, Politicians, and Activists door Joel BestMasters of the Universe: Hayek, Friedman, and the Birth of Neoliberal Politics door Daniel Stedman JonesPerfect Competition and the Transformation of Economics (Routledge Foundations of the Market Economy) door Frank MachovecCounterfactuals and Causal Inference: Methods and Principles for Social Research (Analytical Methods for Social Research) door Stephen L. MorganHow Adam Smith Can Change Your Life: An Unexpected Guide to Human Nature and Happiness door Russ RobertsReal Dissent: A Libertarian Sets Fire to the Index Card of Allowable Opinion door Thomas E. Woods Jr.Dataclysm: Love, Sex, Race, and Identity--What Our Online Lives Tell Us about Our Offline Selves door Christian RudderRegulation and Economic Analysis: A Critique over Two Centuries (Topics in Regulatory Economics and Policy) door Richard L. GordonIntegrity and Agreement: Economics When Principles Also Matter (Economics, Cognition, and Society) door Alanson MinklerThe Sovereign State and Its Competitors: An Analysis of Systems Change (Princeton Studies in International History and Politics) door Hendrik SpruytGalileo's Middle Finger: Heretics, Activists, and One Scholar's Search for Justice door Alice DregerSeeing Like a State: How Certain Schemes to Improve the Human Condition Have Failed door James C. ScottThe Truth Matters: A Citizen's Guide to Separating Facts from Lies and Stopping Fake News in Its Tracks door Bruce BartlettThe Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics door Bruce Bueno de MesquitaThe Life of the Mind: The Groundbreaking Investigation on How We Think (Combined 2 Volumes in 1) door Hannah ArendtVintage Tomorrows: A Historian and a Futurist Journey Through Steampunk Into the Future of Technology door James H. CarrottHow to Have a Good Day: Harness the Power of Behavioral Science to Transform Your Working Life door Caroline WebbThe Skyscraper Curse: And How Austrian Economist Predicted Every Major Economic Crisis of the Last Century door Mark ThorntonAccounting Quickstart Guide: The Simplified Beginners Guide to Real-world Financial & Managerial Accounting for Students, Small Business Owners, and Finance Professionals door Josh BauerleThe Monopolists: Obsession, Fury, and the Scandal Behind the World's Favorite Board Game door Mary PilonTools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers door Timothy Ferriss52 Small Changes for the Mind: Improve Memory * Minimize Stress * Increase Productivity * Boost Happiness door Brett BlumenthalAn Introduction to Information Theory: Symbols, Signals and Noise (Dover Books on Mathematics) door John R. PierceGambling with Other People's Money: How Perverse Incentives Caused the Financial Crisis door Russ RobertsHow Privatized Banking Really Works: Integrating Austrian Economics with the Infinite Banking Concept door L. Carlos LaraPublic Debt as a Form of Public Finance: Overcoming a Category Mistake and its Vices (Elements in Austrian Economics) door Richard E. WagnerGerman Short Stories For Beginners: 20 Captivating Short Stories To Learn German & Grow Your Vocabulary The Fun Way! (Easy German Stories) door Lingo MasteryExploding the Phone: The Untold Story of the Teenagers and Outlaws who Hacked Ma Bell door Phil LapsleyInside Job: The Looting of America's Savings and Loans (Forbidden Bookshelf Book 16) door Stephen PizzoPass the SIE: A Plain English Explanation to Help You Pass the Securities Industry Essentials Exam door Robert WalkerSecurities Industry Essentials Examination Course door Securities and Insurance Training For Exam SuccessThe Bank On Yourself Revolution: Fire Your Banker, Bypass Wall Street, and Take Control of Your Own Financial Future door Pamela YellenThe economics of illusion; a critical analysis of contemporary economic theory and policy door L. Albert HahnLiberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning door Jonah GoldbergI Will Teach You Excel: Master Excel, surpass your co-workers, and impress your boss! door Joel VillarHow to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers door Sönke AhrensUniversity of Berkshire Hathaway: 30 Years of Lessons Learned from Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger at the Annual Shareholders Meeting door Daniel PécautComplete Beowulf - Old English Text, Translations and Dual Text (Illustrated) (Delphi Poets Series Book 48) door AnonymousPayments Systems in the U.S. - Third Edition: A Guide for the Payments Professional door Carol Coye BensonThe Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America door Richard RothsteinForgotten English: A Merry Guide to Antiquated Words, Packed with History, Fun Facts, Literary Excerpts, and Charming Drawings door Jeffrey KacirkThe Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail door Clayton M. ChristensenPimsleur German Level 5 Lessons 1-5: Learn to Speak and Understand German with Pimsleur Language Programs door Pimsleur50 Secrets of the Longest Living People With Diabetes (Marlowe Diabetes Library) door Sheri R. ColbergOut of the Ether: The Amazing Story of Ethereum and the $55 Million Heist That Almost Destroyed It All door Matthew LeisingMastering the Lightning Network: A Second Layer Blockchain Protocol for Instant Bitcoin Payments door Andreas M. AntonopoulosHow to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing door Alison FreerHow to Teach Anything: Break Down Complex Topics and Explain with Clarity, While Keeping Engagement and Motivation (Learning how to Learn Book 5) door Peter Hollins
- Favoriete auteurs
- Nizametdin Achmetov, Douglas Adams, Armen Albert Alchian, Abdul Alhazred, John Barnes, Gary S. Becker, Samuel Bowles, Susie Bright, James M. Buchanan, John Cage, Lewis Carroll, G. K. Chesterton, Ronald H. Coase, Greg Egan, David D. Friedman, Milton Friedman, R. Buckminster Fuller, Herbert Gintis, Ted Gioia, F. A. Hayek, Robert A. Heinlein, Frank Herbert, Douglas R. Hofstadter, Julian Jaynes, Marshall Jevons, Brian W. Kernighan, Israel M. Kirzner, Frank H. Knight, Richard N. Langlois, Don Lavoie, Steven Levy, C. S. Lewis, Spencer Heath MacCallum, Anne McCaffrey, Deirdre N. McCloskey, Ludwig Von Mises, Malcolm Muggeridge, Pablo Neruda, Murray Rothbard, J. K. Rowling, Adam Smith, John Maynard Smith, Neal Stephenson, Bruce Sterling, George J. Stigler, Wisława Szymborska, Alan Watts, Lawrence H. White, Robert Anton Wilson, Charles Yu, Frank Zappa, Roger Zelazny
- Lokale favorieten
Boekwinkels: Bank Square Books, Book Barn Midtown, Montague Bookmill, Raven Used Book Shop (Northampton, MA), Strand Bookstore, The Book Barn, The Book Barn Downtown, The Dusty Bookshelf, UConn Co-op Bookstore
Bibliotheken: Connecticut Judicial Branch Main Library, Edwin H. Land Library (Norwich Free Academy Library), Homer Babbidge Library (University of Connecticut Main Library), L. Eugene Smith Library - Eastern Connecticut State University, Otis Library, University of Kansas Libraries
- Interesting Library
- Adaptive_Agent, adulau, alexisonzen, amurrayw, andreaLDN, AnnShirley, aquaticus, arongahagan, AsYouKnow_Bob, axarca, bertilak, birch, bluewoad, brent_williams, brewbooks, brieflylost, bruce_krafft, btball, C.S._Lewis, carlo_alberto, Cascadian, ccatalfo, CEI, cem, CharlesKochInstitute, chellerystick, Cicero, cirdan747, CitizenClark, clockerb, cshalizi, csmalibrary, DarkWaters1, daustgreen, dean, DGMorrison, doogiewray, doughall, draganigajic, Dymaxion, econv, Edgar.Ramirez, edgewood, eingang, engelcox, Eumenides, ExplorersFoundation, falwex, firstcitybook, FrancoisTremblay, frink, gsatell, ibinu, IHS_Library65, jahn, jessamyn, jessfraz, Jetton, jgwithrow, jimbo435, JiminOttawa, jmmason, john.burrows, joshuagomez, jriggenbach, jrnold, jsbarry, jtlevy, jwalser, KevinEldon, knol, konradlischka, lawecon, LibertyFund, LibrarianLawrence, LMClibrary, mack23, Macspee, markell, MARSlibrary, merckat, mfd101, MichaelAScott, mindspillage, Miro, modernwayofknowing, morville, ndsnow, nickadams, Nostrand, octal, patwagner, PedrBran, pedrofig, phdwiz, philipanderson, PortiaLong, princemuchao, ricgerace, ringthebell, robmickey, RogerReam, RonManners, rwhe, safexharbour, Sal_Paradise, sbnicar, schoen, ServusLibri, sjerk, SnootyBaronet, susiebright, SuzieHouston, tamaranth, tcg17321, technopolitics, techstep, teewillis1981, TerenceKempMcKenna, ThomasJefferson, ThufirHawat, tln, TomSlee, trueshrew, UMichFosterLibrary, vineetsky, WalkerPercy, waltergrinder, wirkman, Wolcott37, zvr