- own (4,419), read (2,863), mystery (2,301), to read (2,119), prior (1,327), fiction (1,116), children (856), scifi (665), nonfiction (540), fantasy (332), picture book (292), 2017 (179), 2015 (177), 2018 (175), wwii (173), 2019 (173), classic (165), 2016 (144), 2020 (141), arc (122), 2013 (113), 2011 (103), 2012 (102), gifted (94), christie (91), graphic (87), beaton (83), 2014 (81), mitchell (74), mrs bradley (67), king (64), 2021 (61), richards (59), cherringham (51), british library (50), romance (49), ya (48), asimov (48), middle (47), bellairs (47), wentworth (46), mccall smith (46), card (45), multiple editions (44), poirot (44), bujold (44), littlejohn (44), humor (41), reference (41), lovesey (39), scalzi (38), macbeth (37), enderverse (37), bowen (36), marsh (35), raisin (34), hugo (34), alleyn (34), miss silver (32), leon (32), brunetti (32), cotterill (31), braun (31), cat who (31), james (30), russell (30), biography (30), potter (30), dalziel & pascoe (28), horror (28), cleeves (27), seuss (27), allingham (26), rey (26), ryan (26), peters (26), marchmont (26), curious george (26), vorkosigan (26), business (26), jury (25), martin (25), brown (25), holt (24), benson (24), atherton (24), ramotswe (24), tolkien (24), dimity (24), costello (24), robot/empire/foundation (23), campion (23), griffiths (23), holmes (23), grisham (22), berkeley (22), george (22), wimsey (22), hobb (22), doctor who (21), perry (21), newbery (21), diamond (21), hill (21), fowler (21), collection (21), laurie (20), lynley (20), osborne (20), fielding (20), kincaid (20), treehouse (19), crombie (19), zelazny (19), banks (19), scarpetta (19), pointer (18), aird (18), calleshire (18), miller (18), nebula (18), shepherd (18), carr (18), 2022 (18), foster (18), morse (18), robinson (17), davidson (17), dexter (17), bryant & may (17), borrowed (17), granger (17), realm of the elderlings (17), kelly (17), punshon (17), winnie the pooh (17), dobbs (17), dalhousie (17), winspear (17), brightwell (16), owen (16), fforde (16), royal spyness (16), marple (16), paiboun (16), adams (16), mitchell & markby (16), edwards (15), cooper (15), keene (15), dalgliesh (15), oz (15), sayers (15), baum (15), heinlein (15), goldy (15), park (14), lorac (14), amber (14), raybourn (14), gribble (14), bradley (14), dickinson (14), lenard (14), loring (14), galloway (14), book house (14), poetry (14), brand (14), smith (14), nancy drew (14), hargreaves (14), lang (13), fairy (13), history of middle earth (13), rand (13), human division (13), wimpy kid (13), picture (13), alexander (13), niven (13), patterson (13), taylor (13), sheringham (13), evans (13), kinney (13), jeffries (13), cadfael (13), anthony slade (13), big nate (13), peirce (13), willems (12), cleary (12), jimm juree case files (12), rendell (12), collins (12), little house (12), psychic eye (12), pratchett (12), juree (12), gaiman (11), watson (11), clancy (11), bunburry (11), burroughs (11), de luce (11), gentill (11), rowling (11), discworld (11), wilde (11), bude (11), rosett (11), roth (11), doyle (11), soccer (11), sinclair (11), song of ice & fire (11), parent (11), harry potter (11), thomson (10), fergusson & van alstyne (10), thomas (10), divergent (10), sedaris (10), stanhope (10), tey (10), hitchhiker (10), duncan (10), green (10), carle (10), crofts (10), mcdonald (10), willis (10), herbert (10), heyer (10), brett (10), wilson (10), spencer-fleming (10), world of five gods (9), macneal (9), glose (9), maggie hope (9), plus library (9), fell (9), meredith (9), junie (9), o'connor (9), richardson (9), pullman (9), wrede (9), board (9), austen (9), star wars (9), oxenbury (9), stevenson (9), anderson (9), lee (9), boxer (9), macdonald (9), riordan (9), shakespeare (9), shetland (9), wexford (9), pitt (9), narnia (8), kent (8), santori (8), murphy (8), barsoom (8), tremaine (8), carroll (8), gilbert (8), moore (8), lovell (8), eight little indians (8), bear (8), peabody (8), dune (8), chesterton (8), irish village (8), dashner (8), poe (8), runcie (8), vonnegut (8), maze runner (8), kemelman (7), royal ambition (7), wells (7), mydworth (7), grant (7), anne of green gables (7), penny (7), appleby (7), leckie (7), innes (7), dark materials (7), aaronovitch (7), dahl (7), wrinkle (7), lewis (7)
- Trefwoordenwolk, Auteurswolk, Trefwoordenspiegel
- 2019 BIG FAT BOOKS, 2020 BIG FAT BOOK CHALLENGE, 2021 BIG FAT BOOK CHALLENGE, 50-Something Library Thingers, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, Agatha Christie, Amazon's Kindle, Anglophiles, Atheism and humanism, Baker Street and Beyond, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Bug Collectors, Children's Fiction, Children's Literature, Combiners!, Cozy Mysteries, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Dystopian novels, FantasyFans, Fforde Ffans, For Parents: Raising Readers, Historical Mysteries, Hogwarts Express, I Survived the Great Vowel Shift, Librarything Series, Litsy, LT Treasure Hunts, Member Giveaways, Mystery and Suspense, Name that Book, Needlearts, Ngaio Marsh Appreciation Society, Read YA Lit, Reviews of Early Reviewers Books, Science Fiction Fans, Song of Ice and Fire, Spam Fighters!, Talking Piffle, Tea!, The Green Dragon, The LibraryThing Mock Newbery and Caldecott, Time Travel, Alternate Histories and Parallel Worlds, TinyCat
- Lid sinds
- Dec 8, 2010
- Echte naam
- Over mijn bibliotheek
- I have always been a voracious reader, and I know that over the years I have read many, many more books than I have listed. As I never kept track, it is difficult to remember particular books unless they made a lasting impression. I am very slowly going back to add books that I have read in the past, but realistically some books may never be recorded. I am current with books read after 2010, with the exception of books in 2020 and 2021 which I will be adding when time permits.
My library also includes books owned by my husband and two sons.
My library - books that I own – both read and unread.
Read - books that I have read – both owned and borrowed.
Read, but unowned - books that I have borrowed and read, or books that I have read and given away. If I don’t own the book, it will likely be in both the “Read” and the “Read, But Unowned” collections.
To Read - books that I own but have not yet read.
Currently reading - self-explanatory, as long as I remember to update it. I’m usually pretty good at remembering this, unless there is a global pandemic.
Wishlist - books that I would like to read and/or purchase. If my family is reading this, these books would make great gifts (wink, wink.)
Borrowed - books that I have borrowed from the library, read or not.
Preordered - books that I have preordered but have not yet received.
Given away - books that I once owned, but no longer have. They may have been donated or given to a friend – or very unlikely thrown away. Since I cannot bear to get rid of a book, much less throw one away, the majority of these have likely been given to the local library.
Loaned - books that I have loaned to someone. I seem to have a poor track record with books not coming back, so most of these will end up going into “Given away.”
Later - books that I may want to purchase someday, but are a much lower priority. If my family is reading this, these books would not make great gifts!
Audio - books I own or have read as audiobooks.
Ebook - books I own or have read as ebooks. These may be in a variety of formats: Kindle, Epub, PDF, Nook – although, Calibre helps me convert most of them to Kindle format.
Print - books I own or have read in print – hardback, trade paper or mass market paper.
Favorites - this should be self-explanatory. However, as it is somewhat difficult for me to identify my semantically favorite books because it depends on so many different things at different times, there are very few books in this list. This doesn’t mean that I do not have favorite books, perhaps, I may have too many, depending upon who is asking me and when they ask.
I am a very eclectic reader and enjoy a variety of genres. However, my library is heavily weighted toward mystery and detective fiction, with a good variety of speculative fiction mixed in.
I particularly enjoy British detective fiction – both Golden Age and modern, by both British and American authors. Along with Golden Age detective fiction, police procedurals and historical mysteries are also favorites.
My speculative fiction tastes run towards dystopian literature and space opera, and I like soft sci-fi slightly more than hard sci-fi. I’m not a fan of urban fantasy, I prefer my fantasy to come with swords, bows and dragons.
My family has a lot of children’s books and young adult books that my sons and I have enjoyed together. They have graduated to adult fiction now, so I am slowing culling our library and keeping books I may want to read again or read to my currently imaginary future grandchildren.
I am fascinated by World War II, so many general fiction books that I own and read have a WWII setting. Many mysteries that I read do as well; good WWII sci-fi and fantasy is hard to find, although I have managed to find some.
As I was never required to read many classics in school, I am slowly catching up on classics that I haven’t read. Classics are very hit or miss for me; I find that I either love them or hate them. Since it is difficult for me to know how I will feel about a particular classic before reading it, I am sometimes a little hesitant to start a classic.
Occasionally, I will also read a best-seller or two, but I enjoy genre fiction a great deal more. I tend to wait a year or two before reading a best-seller to see whether it stands the test of time.
As for non-fiction, at school and in my career I read enough non-fiction to keep me going for a long time, so unless non-fiction strikes a particular chord with me, I will likely stay away. I read mainly to enjoy and/or escape. I may read a book or two each year on a topic that interests me – mainly relating to gifted individuals or physics.
The tags I use for genre are very broad (LT’s genres are in italics after my genre tag):
Mystery (Mystery, Suspense & Thriller) - mystery, thrillers, suspense, spy, etc.
Fiction (Fiction, Historical Fiction, Recent Fiction) - a catch-all for non-genre related fiction books
Scifi (Science Fiction) - spec fic that contains actual or imagined science, space, time travel, other planets or galaxies and/or dystopias, utopias, etc.
Fantasy (Fantasy, Horror) - spec fic that involves magic, witchcraft, the supernatural, horror, with imaginary elements (like dragons!)
Nonfiction (Nonfiction, Art & Design, Biography & Memoir, Business, Food & Cooking, Health & Wellness, History, Home & Garden, Poetry, Religion & Spirituality, Science & Nature, Travel, Recent Nonfiction) – a catch-all for everything that is not fiction; also includes reference books (although I want to break these into a new category as I collect more)
Picture book (Picture Books) – children’s picture books
Children (Children’s Books) – books for elementary aged children, or those age 5-8ish that are not picture books
Middle (Kids, Tween) – books for middle grade children, or those age 9-12ish
YA (Teen, Young Adult) – books for young adults, high schoolers or those age 13-17ish
Graphic (Graphic Novels and Comics) - books with pictures that are not picture books
Classic – books considered by someone or other (general wisdom, teachers, lists, other LTers) to be a “classic”
Romance (Romance) – love, sex, and all that other stuff; a small, small part of my library, mainly read when I was a teenager, and now just for reminiscing
My Library display styles:
A - Visitors
B - General view
C - Read
D - Purchased
E - Common Knowledge
My library in MDS
- Over mij
Gifted. Geeky. Mom of sons. Wife. Book lover. Soccer fan. Lego addict. Music lover. Technophile. Minecrafter. Sherlockian. Whovian. Ailurophile. Art lover. Retired CPA. Who is John Galt?
List of Books Read in 2022
List of Books Read in 2021
My Year in Books 2021
2021 Reading Challenge
75'ers Thread for 2020
List of Books Read in 2020
My Year in Books 2020
2020 Reading Challenge
75'ers Thread for 2019
List of Books Read in 2019
My Year in Books 2019
2019 Reading Challenge
75'ers Thread for 2018
List of Books Read in 2018
My Year in Books 2018
2018 Reading Challenge
75'ers Thread for 2017
List of Books Read in 2017
My Year in Books 2017
2017 Reading Challenge
List of Books Read in 2016
My Year in Books 2016
2016 Reading Challenge
List of Books Read in 2015
My Year in Books 2015
2015 Reading Challenge
List of Books Read in 2014
My Year in Books 2014
List of Books Read in 2013
My Year in Books 2013
2013 Reading Challenge
List of Books Read in 2012
My Year in Books 2012
List of Books Read in 2011
My Year in Books 2011
46 states (92%)
- Dublin, OH
- Ook op
- Favoriete auteurs
- Margery Allingham, Isaac Asimov, M. C. Beaton, Rhys Bowen, Alan Bradley, Lois McMaster Bujold, Orson Scott Card, Agatha Christie, Ann Cleeves, Colin Cotterill, Deborah Crombie, Jasper Fforde, Christopher Fowler, Elizabeth George, Elly Griffiths, Martha Grimes, Reginald Hill, Robin Hobb, Anthony Horowitz, Kazuo Ishiguro, P. D. James, Laurie R. King, Ann Leckie, Donna Leon, Peter Lovesey, Ngaio Marsh, George R. R. Martin, Louise Penny, Ayn Rand, Peter Robinson, J. K. Rowling, Dorothy L. Sayers, John Scalzi, J. R. R. Tolkien, Andy Weir, Connie Willis, Jacqueline Winspear
- Favoriete lijsten
- Best Science Fiction Novels, Bibliography for Among Others, Books Read in 2011, Books Read in 2012 (Numbered), Books Read in 2013, Books Read in 2014, Books Read in 2015, Books Read in 2016, Books Read in 2017, Books Read in 2018, Books Read in 2019, Books Read in 2020, Books Read in 2021, Books Read in 2022, Dystopian and Apocalyptic Literature, Hugo Award Winning Novels, Next in Series, NPRs your picks: top 100 Sci-Fi/Fantasy books, PBS The Great American Read, Top Five Books of 2021
- Lokale favorieten
- Interessante bibliotheek
- 75'ers Group
- aktakukac, alcottacre, amcheri, archerygirl, Berly, BLBera, BonnieJune54, brodiew2, Carmenere, CassieBash, cbl_tn, CDVicarage, charl08, ChelleBearss, countrylife, Crazymamie, ctpress, cyderry, drneutron, Eat_Read_Knit, EllaTim, FAMeulstee, foggidawn, fuzzi, gennyt, hairballsrus, harrygbutler, humouress, jnwelch, jolerie, karenmarie, Kassilem, katiekrug, kgodey, kgriffith, labwriter, laytonwoman3rd, LibraryStuntwoman, lindapanzo, lit_chick, LizzieD, lkernagh, lycomayflower, lyzard, mahsdad, Matke, mellymel171328, mitchma, msf59, mstrust, norabelle414, Oberon, PaulCranswick, PawsforThought, PensiveCat, quondame, ronincats, SandDune, scaifea, seasonsoflove, SomeGuyInVirginia, souloftherose, tapestry100, The_Hibernator, thornton37814, tututhefirst, tymfos, vancouverdeb, yoyogod, ZoharLaor