- Alle verzamelingen (5,572), Jouw bibliotheek (2,649), Owned and Read (1,141), Owned and Unread (1,277), Aan het lezen (6), Te lezen (974), Favorieten (351), Speculative Fiction By Women (1,353), Fiction (1,869), Omnibused (171), E-Books (1,241), Manga (170), Craft Books (117), Reference (103), Travel (4), Humor (28), Cookbooks (10), Art (5), Magazines (8), Pending (10), Gelezen, maar niet in bezit (415), DNF (333), Verlanglijst (228), Librivox Wishlist (28), Little J's Books (665), CDs (1)
- speculative fiction (2,330), speculative fiction by women (1,771), science fiction (1,454), women authors (1,435), unread (1,405), fantasy (1,271), read (1,267), shelf-sitter (1,153), swapped (963), romantic SFF (674), keeper (670), unread series (621), Bookmooch (571), space opera (454), female protagonist (427), speculative fiction by men (391), PaperbackSwap (364), YA (324), stand-alone (311), favorites (304), men authors (301), read to Little J (288), DAW (276), series I haven't finished (262), e-book (252), first in a series (241), poc author (199), manga (195), non-fiction (194), YA fantasy (187), romance (187), glbtq (179), under 400 pages (173), chunkster (165), Ace (160), under 300 pages (154), over 300 pages (152), Tor (132), feminist SF (127), children's literature (124), high fantasy (121), shonen (121), Del Rey (117), trilogy (115), Baen (113), cats (112), historical romance (105), crafts (105), over 200 pages (104), comfort read (98), homeschool (94), over 400 pages (94), anthology (92), animal companions (87), middle grade (86), glbtq author (86), dragons (79), TBR Little J (78), British author (77), Bantam (74), humor (74), aliens (73), story collection (68), omnibus (65), middle grade fantasy (63), TBR 2023 (63), wishlist (62), animals (62), DAW anthology (62), under 500 pages (60), Roc (57), read in 2012 (56), reference (55), horror (54), Velgarth/Valdemar (53), fairy tale retelling (52), contemporary fantasy (51), banned books (50), Japanese author (50), Bleach (49), general fiction (47), classics (47), EOS (47), science fantasy (47), read in 2014 (45), Inuyasha (45), urban fantasy (43), under 200 pages (42), shojo (42), Discworld (41), PBS WL (41), read in 2011 (40), Pocket (39), read in 2006 (39), Avon (39), read in 2009 (38), read in 2010 (37), read in 2021 (36), read in 2019 (35), library audiobook (34), Scholastic (34), humorous fantasy (33), read in 2020 (33), TBR 2022 (32), read in 2015 (32), pull (32), over 500 pages (32), pulled (31), read in 2007 (31), Fullmetal Alchemist (31), Witch World (31), Pern (30), Luna (30), Harper (30), ecological SF (29), historical fiction (28), duology (27), TBR 2024 (26), Firebird Imprint (26), green living (26), Fruits Basket (26), witches (26), Chinese Zodiac (26), Star Trek (25), read in 2013 (25), recycled crafts (25), Liaden (25), eco friendly (25), environmentally friendly (25), knitting (25), dark fantasy (25), science (24), read in 2022 (23), environmental sf (23), Barbie (23), Tokyopop (23), Librivox audiobook (23), sewing (23), read in 2005 (22), Alliance-Union (22), Foreigner (21), Sword and Sorceress (21), religion (21), Saga of the Skolian Empire (21), quartet (21), read in 2018 (21), fashion dolls (21), mystery (21), read in 2008 (21), parallel worlds (21), under 600 pages (21), dolls (20), Farscape (20), Free Traders Universe (20), novella (19), Berkley (19), crochet (19), Retrieval Artist (19), Sartorias-deles (19), Title Trader (19), ecofeminism (19), Ballantine (19), feminism (19), dogs (19), over 100 pages (18), read in 2016 (18), graphic novel (18), YA science fiction (18), Diadem Universe (17), Bridgerton series (17), read in 2017 (17), cute (17), Aspect (17), library digital download audiobook (17), Diving Universe (17), Titanic (17), SF romance (16), Honor Harrington Series (16), Once Upon a Time (15), recycling (15), upcycling (15), Prima (15), vampires (15), repurposing (15), read in 2004 (15), TBR 2027 (15), DIY (15), game guides (15), YA romance (14), Vampire Chronicles (14), miniatures (14), Australian author (14), fashion doll clothing (14), Five Gods (14), comic (14), Chalion Series (14), novelization (14), Americana romance (14), Velgarth/Valdemar anthology (14), Bantam Spectra (14), Canadian author (14), sports (13), First Grade (13), Vorkosigan Universe (13), dollhouses (13), Questar (13), contemporary romance (13), Middle-earth (12), Farscape Comics (12), gardening (12), Elves on the Road (12), ocean liners (12), Star Wars (12), Del Rey Discovery (12), Simon Pulse (11), environmentalism (11), Penric and Desdemona (11), World of the Five Gods (11), Mira (11), Boom! Studios (11), shipwrecks (11), amigurumi (11), Mags (11), Home Depot 1-2-3 (11), Celtic fantasy (11), YA horror (11), Estcarp Cycle (10), High Hallack (10), Ireland (10), For Dummies (10), Anne of Green Gables (10), Calandra (10), Dell (10), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (10), Celtic (10), Clan Chronicles (10), Sleeping Beauty (10), fantasy of manners (10), 9th Pass (10), autobiography (10), Elantra series (10), Fallen Empire (10), under 700 pages (9), signed (9), gifts (9), Sholan Alliance (9), Eileanan (9), Obernewtyn Chronicles (9), Diadem series (9), Random House (9), writing (9), Second Grade (9), TV series companion (9), BookCrossing (9), Hainish (9), Library of Curious and Unusual Facts (9), City Watch (9), TV tie-in (9), Ekumen (9), Sailor Moon (9), Time Life Books (9), Orbit (9), Tony Hill & Carol Jordan series (8), over 600 pages (8), holiday 2017 (8), archeology (8), birds (8), Holiday 2018 (8), Mageworlds Series (8), Signet (8), Project Enterprise (8), cookbook (8), TBR 2025 (8), socks (8), Sims 2 (8), thrifty (8), Greenwillow (8), Princesses of Myth (8), holiday 2005 (8), Firekeeper (8), Tortall (8), The Endurance (8), diary (8), Jaguar Addams Series (8), wolves (8), self-published (7), Talent Series (7), Magic Carpet Books (7), Theirs Not to Reason Why Universe (7), Tales of the Wolves (7), DS9 Relaunch (7), Vatta's War (7), read in 1984 (7), barbie ID guides (7), Spectra (7), Fawcett (7), essays (7), Harlequin (7), gender roles (7), episode guide (7)
- Trefwoordenwolk, Auteurswolk, Trefwoordenspiegel
- 100 Books in 2019 Challenge, 100 Books in 2020 Challenge!, 100 Books in 2021 Challenge!, 100 Books in 2022 Challenge!, 2019 ROOT (READ OUR OWN TOMES), 2020 ROOT CHALLENGE, 2021 ROOT CHALLENGE, 2022 BIG FAT BOOK CHALLENGE, 2022 ROOT CHALLENGE, 40-Something Library Thingers, 50 Book Challenge, Archaeology, Audiobooks, Barker's Minions, Birds, Birding & Books, Book Care and Repair, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, BookCrossing 2020 Reduce MTBR and Other Challenges, BookMooching, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Buddhism, Cats, books, life is good., DAW Books, Diana Wynne Jones Fans, Discarded, Doctor Who, Ebook, Ecology and the environment, Fairy Tales Retold, FantasyFans, Feminist SF, Feminist Theory, Fiber Arts, Gardening, genderqueer, Girls Fiction, Girlybooks, Happy Heathens, Knitters Inc., Little Free Libraries, LT Treasure Hunts, Manga and Anime Addicts, Manga!, Needlearts, PaperBackSwap, Progressive & Liberal!, Queer and Trans Lit, ravelry, Read YA Lit, Reading Goals 2022, Romance - from historical to contemporary, Science Fiction Fans, SF, horror and Fantasy Romance, Shelfarians on LibraryThing, Skeptics and Rationalists, Sustainability, Taggers!, TBR Challenge, Tea!, The Attolian Conspiracy, The Green Dragon, The [X] Book Challenge 2022, Unread Support Group, Used Books, What did YOU buy today?
- Lid sinds
- Oct 12, 2005
- Over mijn bibliotheek
- I collect books and intend to read them, but I get them so fast that I fear I will never catch up. I also have a library addiction and have mostly banned myself from the library, aside from getting hardcovers by my favorite authors. I mostly buy used books or get books from Paperback Swap and BookMooch. I'm hoping to get the Olympus Mons sized TBR mountain under control. One of my goals in life is to have enough shelf-space for all of my books.
Books I've decided not to keep 2016:
2015 75 Book Challenge:
2015 50 Book Challenge:
My 2015 ROOTS Thread:
- Over mij
- I've been a reader for nearly my whole life and I thank my parents and grandmothers for teaching me and encouraging me to read. My favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, especially those with strong female characters, GLBTQ characters, and damaged, scarred, and disabled characters. My favorite sub-genres are space opera, romantic SFF, high fantasy, parallel world fantasy, feminist SFF, fantasy of manners, YA SFF, historical fantasy, oh and I love manga too. While I love romantic fantasy and SF, I hate paranormal romance and futuristic romance/SF romance. I occasionally read romance novels, but the gender essentialist bullshit, sexism, and rape in the genre have turned me off.
I read every day, but it's not fast enough so I have nearly 1500 unread books. I used to shop weekly at a used bookstore (which closed in July of 2015) and now I swap a lot of books online- which, while helping rid me of books I don't want to keep, has also made my TBR pile expand way too fast.
I also love the science fiction TV shows Farscape, Babylon 5, and most Star Trek shows, especially Deep Space Nine. I've also been watching original Doctor Who episodes here and there and prefer them to the new show.
I am a brand new mom, as of July 2015, and yes, I've already begun reading to my baby. We have a big pile of board books, plus my mom kept all of my childhood books, so my daughter has quite a library of her own already. :-D
- Ook op
- Momenteel aan het lezen
- Favoriete auteurs
- Rachel Aaron, Pauline J. Alama, Hiromu Arakawa, Catherine Asaro, Jane Austen, Clive Barker, Peter S. Beagle, Elizabeth Bonesteel, Allie Brosh, Lois McMaster Bujold, Octavia E. Butler, Becky Chambers, C. J. Cherryh, Kate Chopin, Julie E. Czerneda, Susan Dexter, Debra Doyle, Jane S. Fancher, Valerie J. Freireich, Ursula K. Le Guin, S. E. Hinton, Shere Hite, Tanya Huff, Diana Wynne Jones, Norma Klein, Jacqueline Koyanagi, Sharon Lee, Juliet Marillier, Vonda N. McIntyre, Patricia A. McKillip, Robin McKinley, Steve Miller, L. M. Montgomery, Lyda Morehouse, Chris Moriarty, Pamela Morsi, Anaïs Nin, Rockne S. O'Bannon, Terry Pratchett, Mary Jo Putney, Julia Quinn, Laura E. Reeve, Sharon Shinn, Kristine Smith, Sherwood Smith, Natsuki Takaya, Sheri S. Tepper, J. R. R. Tolkien, Karen Traviss, Megan Whalen Turner, Joan D. Vinge
- Favoriete lijsten
- Lokale favorieten
Bibliotheken: Albany Public Library - Main Branch, Chili Public Library, Cohoes Library, East Greenbush Community Library, Gates Public Library, Gloversville Public Library, Rensselaer Public Library, Watervliet Public Library, William K. Sanford Town Library
- Interessante bibliotheek
- 4caddie, adelle, Aerulan, affreca, alasen, alaskabookworm, alheard, AmberA77, AmethystFaerie, amysisson, anatwork.k, AndrewWheeler, aned, angiegirl, anneanni, APLBookends, archerygirl, arethusarose, Arhhj, ari_, AsYouKnow_Bob, Athabasca, attolia, aulsmith, begli, BelannaChiana, bell7, Belladonna1975, BellaMiaow, beniowa, bertilak, Black_samvara, bluejo, bluenose, bluerose, bluesalamanders, bookjunkie, booksinthebasement, bookworm_aly, bookwyrm5, brightglance, BrigidsBlest, bryfrawood, bunnerz, bunwat, cabri, Caffy, calm, Capnrandm, CDGLCCLibrary, Cecrow, chatulim, childofchaos, Chris-D, christ_on_toast, cissa, cmbohn, comrade_cat, connie53, cremorn, cshalizi, dainenyu, dea_anonyma, divinenanny, domiller, doushkasmum, dovelynnwriter, dwinston, Ebeth.Naylor, einhorn, elenora, eljay, ellen.w, emberwood, empress8411, EmScape, Enyonam, esther_a, Ethaisa, fastia, fiadhiglas, FicusFan, firecat, fitzwater, foggidawn, FultonCoMuseum, futuransky, Gandalara, Genome88, GondorGirl, grerp, gryffonswings, Gwen_Crock, gwyneira, h34th3r, HanGerg, hlflanagan, hlslibrary, Hooqa13, humouress, ilande, ildanochbooks, illian, infiniteletters, IntlSpaceStation, jade_kadir, jamaila, janemarieprice, JaredMcLaine, jchines, jdlitman, Jen7waters, jenjemeer, Jenson_AKA_DL, jhertz, Jim53, jjmcgaffey, jmgold, jms1203, jnwelch, joannasephine, johanna414, johnnyapollo, joiedelivre, jpsorrow, jquincy, jules_l, justchris, karenb, karlitea, Katyakoshka, KAzevedo, kceccato, Kek55, Kerian, Khavrinen, kialli, Kittybee, kmartin802, knepveu, krin5292, kriss13, Kristine_Smith, ladycato, lalawe, laurareeve, Lavendercat, Lavinient, Lee_Dailey, libraryofus, lindaby, lisafer, lizzy50usa, Lman, LolaWalser, lorax, loremistress, lquilter, m4marya, macsbrains, Maddz, maeve_spry, majkia, malissie0421, mamajoan, ManWithAnAgenda, Mardel, marthawells, mbernardi, meara, Meijhen, Mendoza, mergryphon, merrystar, MichaelDennis, mistyroa, misura, mjfmjfmjf, mjrcatgirl, mlmckenzie, MommaTracey, moonshineandrosefire, morganmuffle, Morigue, moriphelps, Mulluane, mummimamma, Murphy-Jacobs, Musereader, MyBookishWays, MyriadBooks, Narilka, Naughty_Secretary, navelos, Navigator7, ncgraham, nedbush, Nephtis, Nerilka, newestmaurader, Neyjour, nhlsecord, Nikkles, Niko, nlbarber, NonGingercat, NorthernStar, ofearna, okeres, onionroach, oriquilt, othiym25, OWSLibrary, parasolofdoom, Pebblesgmc, periwinkled, PkrImperatrix, Pomsofa, psybre, purpledragon42, quebelly, questionablepotato, quinaquisset, rachelreadinggirl, raerei, ranaverde, randomnickname, randys_bookbuzz, ratherbereading, reading_fox, readinggeek451, readingreality, readr, RedQueen, redrose, remlub, RensselaerCityhist, reverebeach, rivkat, RMANG, rocalisa, rolanni, romsfuulynn, ronincats, RowanGolightly, rowens, rshart3, Rubita12, rudio, Sakerfalcon, sandragon, sandrellen, sandstone78, sandyg210, sangreal, scifichick, seawalker0903, SecondChances, sedelia, shadiphoenix, shadrach_anki, shadrachanki, shanaqui, shantedze, SheriLynnBell, shirukuroodo, sibylline, Silver, silver_whisper, silvereyes, skelly, skw, Skya, slothman, smithsffs, snbooks, snookscb, SockMonkeyGirl, spidey_j, Spiritdancer, Spuddie, staci426, stardreamer, Steph78, steveberman, StormRaven, supershineygirl, susanblackerkkila, SusanBNM, susiesharp, svfreeman, swansose, Tanglewood, Teldira, teow, The_Hibernator, the_red_shoes, TheBookSmugglers, TheDivineOomba, TheLanges, Theodosia, tohtorikuka, trollsdotter, troutqueen, tryslora, Tsana, twinslibrary, undinesprite, unfufu, Unreachableshelf, ValLloyd, viciouslittlething, Vierran, villandry, VinoFonseca, wamuseum, willowsmom, wphilbrook, zjakkelien, zpinhead