- Alle verzamelingen (1,963), Gainful (14), Jouw bibliotheek (1,669), Ether (1,484), Living Room (78), Dining Room (19), Bedroom (43), Watchlist (177), Verlanglijst (110), Series (735), More copies! (112), Nonfiction (104), Review Copies (17), Te lezen (434), Unique (11), Picturebooks (21), Unreleased (3), ebooks (73), Gelezen, maar niet in bezit (34), Childhood Favorites (163)
- series (754), children (717), verify (678), small paperback (654), children's (597), families (494), trade paperback (482), friends (479), unread (416), fantasy (409), science fiction (389), magic (357), from Bookmooch (340), MerryMary (316), travel (298), history (269), humor (264), siblings (231), education (220), love (219), mystery (205), fiction (201), medium hardback (196), quest (192), animals (190), ya (189), adventure (165), childhood favorite (162), space travel (158), relationships (152), spaceships (151), smallcoverpic (140), identity (138), aliens (134), cats (130), Bookcase 6-1 (124), military (115), politics (114), talking animals (112), England (105), Bookcase 6-2 (105), royalty (104), dogs (104), wishlist (103), duology (97), psychics (94), supernatural (92), Bookcase 3-2 (90), Bookcase 3-1 (90), alternate worlds (90), fathers (88), war (82), schools (82), adult (80), nonfiction (80), dust jacket (78), telepathy (77), orphans (77), exploration (76), survival (75), escape (73), ebook (70), science (69), bonding (67), mothers (67), medium paperback (66), library jacket (66), communities (62), teachers (60), grief (60), Bookcase 1-1 (60), horses (59), death (58), Drawer 4 (58), sea travel (57), time travel (56), flight (56), ships (56), islands (55), ghosts (55), watchlist (54), dragons (53), gender roles (51), 11-year-olds (50), collection (48), demons (48), farms (47), music (47), Bookcase 2-1 (47), Indians (47), shapeshifters (46), damaged-readable (45), urban fantasy (44), disabilities (44), memory (43), kidnapping (43), princesses (42), intelligence (42), witches (41), daughters (40), twins (40), moving (40), research (39), princes (39), cities (38), romance (38), series fill-in (38), post-apocalyptic (38), teleportation (38), nocoverpic (37), portals (37), mountains (37), babies (37), Summer (36), philosophy (36), relatives (36), vampires (36), science fantasy (36), economics (35), Canada (35), classes (34), psychology (34), medicine (33), large families (33), North Carolina (33), apprentices (33), sons (32), illness (32), ai (32), travel log (31), movie novel (31), nature (30), parenting (30), Mandie (30), 1900s (30), money (29), religion (29), 13-year-olds (28), aunts (27), trouble (27), spies (27), mythology (27), gothic (27), oceans (26), elements (26), water (26), fae (26), version (25), forests (25), uncles (25), living abroad (25), inspirational (25), elves (25), from library (24), generations (23), contests (23), London (23), anthology (23), inventions (23), robots (23), damaged-replace (23), grandmothers (23), picture book (22), boy-dog (22), monsters (22), ARC (22), mind control (22), pirates (22), precognition (22), gods (22), boarding schools (21), language (21), California (21), biography (20), size (20), books about books (20), 1940s (20), dreams (19), art (19), World of Darkness (19), 1930s (19), foster care (18), large hardback (18), telekinesis (18), 12-year-olds (18), pioneers (18), Bookcase 5-2 (18), Honor Harrington (17), Bookcase 4-3 (17), disasters (17), diplomacy (17), shopping (17), theft (17), gaming (17), computers (17), anger (17), monkeys (17), Massachusetts (17), fire (17), parents (17), dramatized (17), Newbery (17), adoption (16), castles (16), familiars (16), genetics (16), wishes (16), cousins (16), bookcase aa (16), genies (16), dolls (16), New York (16), kings (16), space stations (15), France (15), WWII (15), space colonies (15), Newbery Honor (15), writing (14), Christmas (14), different edition (14), trains (14), Clan Novels (14), pigs (14), Vampire: The Masquerade (14), queens (14), wizards (14), slavery (14), anthropomorphic (14), prairie (14), food (14), investigation (13), 19th century (13), Danny Dunn (13), African-American (13), Celtic (13), New York City (13), alternate history (13), birthdays (13), caves (13), deserts (13), birds (13), stepfamilies (13), United States (13), trading places (13), students (12), Bookcase 5-1 (12), earth (12), airplanes (12), clairvoyance (12), immigrants (12), 10-year-olds (12), rabbits (12), detectives (12), air (12), mutants (11), Bookcase 5-4 (11), omnibus (11), knights (11), Holocaust (11), Christian (11), mermaids (11), Texas (11), poly (11), creatures (11), summer camp (11), epidemic (11), horror (11), librarians (11), bodyguards (11), Prince Edward Island (11), gadgets (11), father-son (11), unique (11), Moon (11), theater (11), Jews (11), hotels (10), Early Reviewer (10), Ireland (10), Mindwarp (10), swords (10), environment (10), butlers (10), fear (10), ragged binding (10), implants (10), trade hardback (10), treasure (10), mice (10), vets (10), ethics (9), cows (9), bears (9), housewives (9), Germans (9), plays (9), New England (9), 9-year-olds (9), rats (9)
- Trefwoordenwolk, Auteurswolk, Trefwoordenspiegel
- 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up, Accessibility on LibraryThing, Ancient and Medieval Manuscripts, Ancient History, Anthony Horowitz, Archivists on LibraryThing, Ask LibraryThing, Board for Extreme Thing Advances, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, BookMooching, Books in 2025: The Future of the Book World, Bug Collectors, Build the Open Shelves Classification, Combiners!, Common Knowledge, WikiThing, HelpThing, Early Reviewers, Explain this to me, please..., Fairy Tales Retold, Flaggers!, Frequently Asked Questions, History: On learning from and writing history, Hobnob with Authors, Hugotontheonbiquiffinarians, INFOCOM (& beyond...), INFP, Legacy Libraries, Librarians who LibraryThing, Librarything Series, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Lovers of the Paranormal, Member Giveaways, More Power to the Date Fields!, Name that Book, Rainbow Brite Book Collectors, Reprint Please!, Science & Mystery Adventure Series for Children, Singleton Showcase (Books!), Stalking Tim & Company, Taggers!, The Diogenes Club, The Random Group for Fogies and Curmudgeons of All Ages, Too Obscure, Unclutter Things, Unique Library Thing Book Group, Vintage children's and young adult books
- Lid sinds
- Apr 20, 2007
- Over mijn bibliotheek
- A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
(What? You don't have books in your bathroom?)
A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone. - Jo Godwin
(And once I get everything up here...)
"'What shall I do with all my books?' was the question, and the answer, 'Read them,' sobered the questioner. But if you cannot read them, at the very least handle them and, as it were, fondle them. Peer into them. Let them fall open as they will. Read on from the first sentence that turns the eye. Then turn to another. Make a voyage of discovery, taking soundings of uncharted seas. Set them back on their shelves with your own hands. Arrange them on your own plan, so that if you do not know what is in them, you at least know where they are. If they cannot be your friends, let them at any rate be your acquaintances. If they cannot enter the circle of your life, do not deny them at least a nod of recognition."
(Winston S. Churchill, Amid These Storms)
Have a cookie. They're tasty. Watch the crumbs around the books though.
Do you like tags? I like tags. I like shelves too.
Genre (Partial): Fiction, Nonfiction, Education, History, Classics, Survival, Fantasy, Science Fantasy, Science Fiction, Science, Travel, Space Travel, Time Travel, Supernatural, Shapeshifters, Size.
Division Rules (expanded from PortiaLong's version)
I'm not bothering to include most anthologies and collections until the multi-author system arrives, if not subworks too... And don't even get me started on translators.
*Anthology : group of short works by different authors - author listed as "(Editor), Last First"
[example: Tomorrow, The Stars by Heinlein Robert A. (Editor)]
*Collection : group of short works by ONE author
[example: Expanded Universe by Robert A. Heinlein]
*Version: Familiar stories in various forms (Aladdin, Tam Lin, Beauty and the Beast), hence versions. These stories are often, but not always, fairy tales. Sometimes they've just been Disneyfied instead.
*Series: This is obvious. Sometimes it's even an omnibus.
*Omnibus : group of longer works, which are also published separately
[example: A Heinlein Trio by Robert A. Heinlein]
*Inclusion (none yet): Smaller work included in larger (Anthology / Collection / Omnibus)
[example: The Puppet Masters by Robert A. Heinlein]
*Also in: Smaller work published separately, when it's also included in a larger (Anthology / Collection / Omnibus).
[example: The Little Lame Prince by Dinah Marie Craik]
*Watchlist: Books I want to read (and don't own). Owning will be decided after reading.
*Wishlist: Books I want to own (and have usually read).
Create your own visitor map!
- Over mij
- Just a typical polymath.
Feel free to leave comments if you notice any errors in my catalog. :)
- Ook op
- Favoriete auteurs
- Douglas Adams, Louisa May Alcott, Lloyd Alexander, Donna Andrews, Piers Anthony, Isaac Asimov, Robert Asprin, Nancy Atherton, Richard Bach, Lynne Reid Banks, L. Frank Baum, Wilanne Schneider Belden, Sue Bender, David Brin, Carol Ryrie Brink, Lois McMaster Bujold, Frances Hodgson Burnett, Octavia E. Butler, Don Callander, Orson Scott Card, Grace Chetwin, Ruth Chew, Eoin Colfer, Susan Cooper, Bruce Coville, Roald Dahl, Jared Diamond, Arthur Conan Doyle, Diane Duane, Edward Eager, Elizabeth Enright, Robert Frost, Neil Gaiman, Dorothy Gilman, Malcolm Gladwell, Robert A. Heinlein, Zenna Henderson, James Herriot, Beth Hilgartner, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, James P. Hogan, H. M. Hoover, Horace, Anthony Horowitz, Monica Hughes, Eva Ibbotson, Tove Jansson, Diana Wynne Jones, Robert Jordan, Alexander Key, E. L. Konigsburg, Mercedes Lackey, Andrew Lang, Jane Langton, Murray Leinster, Madeleine L'Engle, C. S. Lewis, Astrid Lindgren, Holly Lisle, Hugh Lofting, Lucretius, George MacDonald, Margaret Mahy, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, L. M. Montgomery, E. Nesbit, Andre Norton, Jody Lynn Nye, Edward Ormondroyd, Tamora Pierce, Terry Pratchett, John Ringo, Nora Roberts, Spider Robinson, J. K. Rowling, Louis Sachar, Carl Sagan, Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, William Sleator, Neal Stephenson, Annette Tison, J. R. R. Tolkien, Vivian Vande Velde, Gertrude Chandler Warner, Bill Watterson, Lawrence Watt-Evans, David Weber, E. B. White, James White, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Patricia C. Wrede, Roger Zelazny
- Interessante bibliotheek
- 1001Fantasy, 111ScienceFiction, akfoster, Alloutofwords, AmethystFaerie, atimco, AurelArkad, BethyB, bluetyson, bookwyrm5, caras_galadhon, Cauterize, chelonianmobile, clpteensnewbooks, coleoptera, DameMuriel, davidbrin, DisassemblyOfReason, EarlyReviewers, EdwardEinhorn, EdwardTufteLibrary, ejd0626, ElementalDragon, elizabeth_s, espertus, fledglingphoenix, franzeska, geohistnut, gregstevenstx, humouress, IntlSpaceStation, jaredross, jenshurley, JeremyCShipp, jgarriso, jimmaclachlan, jjmcgaffey, jltott, kerravonsen, kgriffith, kmaziarz, kwurst, lis.lueninghoener, LouBriccant, LShelby, macsbrains, malinablue, matociquala, misura, myohmy2419, naominovik, nataliepm, nebula61, omaca, piratequeen, redknightalex, redwood5, RioLindaAnnie, RowanTribe, rowens, Rubbah, Salmastryon, Schehezerade, sdhspress, Shanshad, ShirleyUgest, shortypenguin, stardreamer, Stevil2001, tapestry100, tarshaan, theapparatus, thepogoman, ThomasJefferson, truepenny, WalkerMedia, willowsmom, zenobia158
Onze site gebruikt cookies om diensten te leveren, prestaties te verbeteren, voor analyse en (indien je niet ingelogd bent) voor advertenties. Door LibraryThing te gebruiken erken je dat je onze Servicevoorwaarden en Privacybeleid gelezen en begrepen hebt. Je gebruik van de site en diensten is onderhevig aan dit beleid en deze voorwaarden.